Saturday, January 8, 2011

2011 Academy Award Hopefuls

I don't know why, but every year I get caught up in all the hoopla that surrounds the Academy Awards. I am no where near as obsessive as I once was, but I still try to see all of the movies that are nominated so I can not only make an educated guess about who will be nominated, but which movies and performances will win and which ones should win.

Although I have already seen a good number of the titles in contention for this year's awards, there are a few that I have yet to see and a few that I want to revisit. My favorite film from last year, The Social Network, seems to be taking all the early awards this season and I want to see it again to see if it is as good as I remember it.

To prepare for this year's awards, I have added a list of the films that I need to see that may be nominated and / or win. Those that I have already seen, but want to revisit are denoted with an *.

1 comment: